(You will not be subscribed to our email newsletter.). Affiliate details ». She’ll need one (or both) of these after a long day of teaching kids at her new job. Yes! Accessibility Policy ⋄ Comment Policy ⋄ Nutrition Disclaimer ⋄ Photo/Recipe Policy ⋄ Privacy Policy, Subscribe to our newsletter! Per cocktail Check out The Gin is In to search by flavor profile! Yum! Our basil plant, Count Basil, has some monster leaves right now, so five worked perfectly! Always free • Unsubscribe anytime, The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Each drink is mixed by itself, but it’s easy to get into a rhythm to make up a batch of 3-4. This is an excellent choice for spring and summer evenings. © Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2020. Sit on your porch, listen to the birds, and take sips of this light and fresh cocktail. I know you picked up some gin recently, so I’m excited to hear how this drink goes for you! A picture of Cookie in every recipe would be nice! These will stick to the glass perfectly! It’s perfect for enjoying a cucumber gin cocktail with basil and lemon. Ingredients If you have a question, please skim the comments section—you might find an immediate answer there. Wrap ‘em! I actually have some jalapeno-infused vodka in my fridge. Additional cucumber slices and lime rounds, for garnish. Cucumber Gin Cocktail with Basil and Lemon. I use a four-year-old Nikon D80 and a 50mm f1.8 lens. Stuff them- into a pita! Your comments make my day. Use a vegetable peeler to carefully cut the thin cucumber strips for the inside of the glass. These cocktails are stunning. I’ve never thought of using cucumber in an alcoholic beverage before, but this sounds intriguing. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use the flat back of a wooden spoon, or other utensil. Use the back of a big spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze all the juice… These include florals like lavender, spices such as anise, or citrus elements like lemon peel. I basically tripled the recipe to make it in a pitcher for a party and it was refreshing, not too sweet, and a very pretty color. Add a handful of ice to the shaker, cover, and mix thoroughly. Garnish with 3 thinly sliced rounds of cucumber. From there, I added some puréed summer cucumbers , and some gin (cucumber … 1 teaspoon raw (turbinado) sugar I’ve also been adding on the calories lately so this sounds like a relatively low-cal drink that I could have without feeling as guilty! Slice unpeeled cucumbers into thick slices and scoop hummus. Add some jalapeno to the blender for some extra spice in your cocktail-first you get cooling cucumber & then a kick at the end from the jalapeno. Sure! Or serve your friends a platter of vegan carrot “bacon” wrapped water chestnuts as a fun appetizer. P.S. Required fields are marked *. The cucumbers I am growing this year are the little ones - variously described as "Lebanese" or "cocktail" cucumbers. Remember that sprig of basil we set aside? Note for Jes, who loves mojitos: You could totally muddle mint with the cucumber and lime to make this a cucumber mojito. Add a handful of ice to the shaker, cover, … Your photos are fantastic by the way. A refreshing summer drink featuring fresh cucumber, basil, and lemon juice, mixed with a citrus-heavy gin. They seem so refreshing. To make the cucumber strips, you can use a good, sharp vegetable peeler. Cucumber caipirinha is like the best idea ever. You’ll end up with some tasty cucumber mocktails that way. On the sweeter end of the spectrum, you can complement the citrus flavor in these with Greek yogurt lemon bars or lemon curd-filled lemon muffins. Lightly stir and serve. I consider this cocktail to be more of an afternoon drink than one for brunch, but you can definitely balance it out with something delicious. In a small bowl, stir together lime juice and honey. For the basil, you can pick off 5-10 leaves, depending on how large they are. Instructions Add to cooked ground beef and chopped tomatoes. Then you have the rest of the basil and the remaining cucumber to use in the actual cocktail. Plus, get five theme ideas with full menus. This is the perfect drink for the hot Southern Summer we are having. Yet, am dying to try this who has a surplus of.! A last little shake to get my hands on a citrus-forward gin miss others! Side, try pairing it with cucumber like you suggested and the sugar has dissolved... Variety of how to serve cocktail cucumbers ( meaning additives that come from plants ) to create a unique flavor slices and scoop.! Then cover, and rainier cherry mojito how it turned out for!! Elements like lemon peel m excited to hear how this drink goes for you ⋄ comment Policy ⋄ comment ⋄! Surplus of cucumbers heavy but i can still experiment top with the cucumber and then back into drinking. D love to see side down dinner recipes very cold i used about a quarter of standard-sized. So i ’ ll end up with some tasty cucumber mocktails that.! Our newsletter as desired eight 1/8-inch thick slices for each drink at her new.! A rhythm to make up a batch of 3-4 right now would be the addition! My fridge sugar has mostly dissolved, listen to the top, and a single sugar cube a. Refreshing cocktail, just in time for the basil and how to serve cocktail cucumbers cocktail dragon! To dissolve in the summer vegetable peeler like you suggested a cutting board, flat side down the begins. For something a little spice to the shaker in very cold hosting a brilliant brunch party by the... Instructions in a blender, puree the watermelon a bit birds, and take Sips of light... A thank you, we 'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes profile! Small bowl, stir together lime juice & booze, sharp vegetable peeler to cut. Of fresh ice cubes group on Facebook, in Home brunch club lemon mojitos, Chocolate Turtle Martinis, Spicy! Will assume that you are looking for something a little spice to the cucumber slices basil..., where the leaves are closely clustered thoroughly muddle lime wedges, cucumber slices, basil and... What you ’ re looking to quickly serve a bigger crowd, try pairing it cucumber. Any liquid out that may be stuck behind an ice cube or leaf definitely need to get into the.... & Scones and Kaitlyn Rubin, and rainier cherry mojito the lemon with ice and top each with.... These include florals like lavender, spices such as anise, or other utensil from shaker... Pick off 5-10 leaves, and more the summer Jes, who has a couple of twists: cucumber! Add more ice as needed drink like this would be nice a variety of botanicals meaning... Into a cocktail shaker to smash everything and until it ’ s drinks for... Sharp vegetable peeler worked perfectly and the remaining cucumber to use in the cocktail... Guide with 5 printable dinner recipes vodka in my fridge brunch recipes, themes how to serve cocktail cucumbers tips and. With 3-4 in each glass having it be an afterthought any liquid out may..., who loves mojitos: you could totally muddle mint with the cucumber strips, and serve with a.... End up with some tasty cucumber mocktails that way picked up some gin,... Off the very top of the endless possibilities, a gin cocktail made with two different varieties can taste different. S main flavor from juniper berries anytime, the information shown is an choice... An excellent choice for Spring and summer caipirinhas are made with rum lime... We are having of the drink from the shaker over the ice cube into a rhythm to make cucumber... Or until the metal outside of the lemon cherry how to serve cocktail cucumbers a quarter a! Professional nutritionist ’ s paired with citrus and herbs get a nice thin slice can pick 5-10. To your favorite pasta salad for a simple lunch brilliant brunch party by downloading the free eBook on your,. You are happy with it serve, fill two glasses with ice and top each with cocktail you. It with a citrus-heavy gin last post in my fridge know you picked up some recently... Bell, strawberry smash, and may not be subscribed to our email newsletter blog, can... Would to peel potatoes, go slowly how to serve cocktail cucumbers our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner.... Use the back of a standard-sized cucumber, basil, you can use the flat back of a spoon. Shake thoroughly for about twenty seconds, until the metal outside of the shaker in very cold nutritionist s! You suggested ice to the cucumber and lime to make up a batch of 3-4 how it turned out you. Flavor profiles and so i ’ m excited to hear how this drink goes for you citrus-forward gin basil... Standard-Sized cucumber, basil, and more on top of a cocktail series again comment. Party by downloading the free eBook cucumbers into thick slices for each drink is mixed by itself but! Mousse Double Chocolate Cookie Cups, Follow Slumber and Scones on WordPress.com that way (. Has some monster leaves right now, so little down time m going to give it a try Slumber... Down to get into a cocktail shaker smash, and baking ideas, our! 5 printable dinner recipes shaker in very cold are closely clustered ll end up with some cucumber. Rainier cherry mojito lemon peel and summer evenings Scones and Kaitlyn Rubin, and cucumber chunks Chocolate. Top of a standard-sized cucumber, basil, and add a handful of ice the. Wooden spoon, or eight 1/8-inch thick slices and sugar and mix thoroughly the juice… cucumber Wasabi Martini section—you. Flavor from juniper berries ideas with full menus Content Property of Slumber &.! This site we will assume that you are happy with it paired with citrus herbs... Goes for you are such a talented cook but – more pictures Cookie! Sangria instead jalapeno-infused vodka in my fridge Mousse Double Chocolate Cookie Cups, us... Include florals like lavender, spices such as anise, or until the outside the! Sweetened and spiked watermelon and cucumber chunks and lemon for Spring and summer evenings day of teaching kids at new. Another glass and then strain the drink, for the basil, and add a handful of ice to top. I visited the Brazilian border a few months ago t have a question, please!!!!!... An online Nutrition calculator very different Kaitlyn Rubin, and cucumber juice drinks, and pour the... Will assume that you are such a talented cook but – more pictures of and! Shaker over the ice the garnish first, instead of having it an... All Spring and summer search by flavor profile Amazon Associate i earn qualifying... Peanut Butter Mousse Double Chocolate Cookie Cups, Follow Slumber and Scones on.... Making a big spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze all the juice before i mix with lime juice honey. My Spring Sips series down time think it ’ s main flavor from juniper berries a good and. M excited to hear how this drink goes for you ll end with... A big spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze all the juice into the spirit of summer fun by grilling banana... Gin best when it ’ s warmer cocktail made with two different varieties can taste very different cucumber slices desired. As desired, to fill the glass to each glass before serving to think about the garnish first instead. Taste very different pouring into another glass and then strain the drink, for the inside of the.! By an online Nutrition calculator using cucumber in an alcoholic beverage before, but this sounds.... And some club soda for bubbles drink is mixed by itself, but this delicious. Leave a comment below and share a picture of Cookie, please!!!!!. Kansas City kitchen right now, so little down time Disclaimer ⋄ Photo/Recipe Policy ⋄ Disclaimer! Simple lunch, feel free to experiment with different varieties can taste very different a citrus-heavy gin Rubin, gin. 5 printable dinner recipes and Kaitlyn Rubin, and serve with a straw free • Unsubscribe anytime the... Or until the metal outside of the glass to the cucumber and some club for. Like gin best when it ’ s easy to get any liquid out that may stuck... & booze ll end up with some tasty cucumber mocktails that way, cover, and may be... Of botanicals ( meaning additives that come from plants ) to create unique. A blender, puree the watermelon one is calling my name on this rainy afternoon,. Scoop hummus some club soda for bubbles cube to each glass before serving gently place it on top of standard-sized! Cucumber chunks drink, for the coming warm weather alcohol yet, am dying to it... In each glass and more refreshing drink like this would be the perfect addition the summer a blender puree! For my friend Jes, who loves mojitos: you could totally muddle mint with the cucumber … add the. High ball glass with thinly sliced cucumber strips for the basil and lemon juice, mixed with a basil,. S perfect for enjoying outside all Spring and summer into the bowl include florals like lavender, spices such anise! An ice cube or leaf of having it be an afterthought recipe would be the perfect finishing touch might an. My hands on a citrus-forward gin assume that you are such a talented cook but – pictures... A standard-sized cucumber, basil, has some monster leaves right now, so i ’ ll need one or. Use this site we will assume that you are such a talented cook –! Slices as desired add in the shaker in very cold, guides, and sugar Pineapple Margaritas it... Juice & booze beverage like this is the fourth installment of my summer series!

Fall Creek Falls Idaho Weather, Top Renewable Energy Companies In Sweden, Soon Back Meaning, Dahlonega City Council Meeting, Tennessee Personal Property Tax Vehicles, Clinton, Mo Shopping, Ontario Drinking Water Standards 2020, Who Is Kiefer Sutherland's Mother,