The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Here are my … The question: Would it be better to get a headset with mic connected (Sennheiser 363D) OR keep the Audio Technica and get a desk mic such a Blue Snowball? I've done some streaming (pinball) in loud bars. Yes you want the mic close to your mouth, but a headset mic will have garbage sound quality compared to what the OP has. You might want to look for a longer boom arm, that lets you position your mic closer to your mouth as this would allow you to lower the gain of your mic. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. However, in the headset mode ("Airpods Hands-Free AG Audio") sound and especially microphone quality is extremely bad. Any advice to get a better microphone quality? I’m having an impossible time getting our voices to sound decent in OBS studio. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Hey all you parents who keep coming on here to … Make sure the keyboard and other sources of background noise are either to the side of it or to the rear of it. If a headset mic isn't possible I'd at least get a shotgun mic that you can point at your mouth... your mic has a cardioid pattern which will pick up sound from a wider area. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely hate Voice Meeter Banana. Never going back. Yes you want the mic close to your mouth, but a headset mic will have garbage sound quality compared to what the OP has. ... help Reddit App Reddit … By default, Discord will activate your microphone when it detects noise. Hello all, I’ve been in the process of trying to help my son make his gaming reaction/review videos. Headsets With Mic With One/Two Jacks. Thanks for the answear and i was just wondering and i wanna learn more so its always good to ask for advice etc :) but thanks again and have a good day, I'm not sure if you can return it or not but I would try to. So where is the mic positioned in relation to your mouth? thanks for all the comments guys, this community is very helpful which is a pleasant surprise. I got a arctis 7 headset and I really like it the mic sounds good but I want to try to make it sound better but I dont know how to. It is NOT user-friendly for those of us who are noobs to audio work. You can also add filters like a noise gate and change the gain and stuff within OBS. It's pretty far away from my keyboard (about a foot above it and 2 feet to the right) but still picks up mouse clicks/ key presses. They need to position the mic better, take advantage of the cardiod design's deadspots, use noise gates and suppression either through virtual audio cable or in OBS's options, add some sound dampening to reduce echos against the walls. My audio sounded 100% worse after using it than before. Press J to jump to the feed. Put a few of those up on the wall, and see if it helps. Navigate through to "advanced" and then find the "Default Format" option. If you have a mechanical keyboard, it's going to be loud/noisy anyhow, especially with a condenser mic. That's it, no fancy tweaks, no silver bullets, just that. I would definitely adjust your noise gate and add noise suppression. Sennheiser HD 540 reference;Tandberg Huldra 10, Tandberg TCD440A. That might be a useful extension that you can add to OBS. Close. Before deep-diving into the difference between a headset with a mic with one jack and a headset with a mic with two jacks, let’s first discuss different types of headset jacks. Make sure you have the front of the mic facing you, and not the tip (I've seen too many make that mistake already). What you want to provide feedback, ask a question or show some Quality content, is. Where is the mic positioned in relation to your mouth with an ok mic.! Couple hours of banging my Head against the wall, and this article me. Positioned as close to your mouth as possible you should be golden once setup would cut... Your mic Discussion ( 27 comments ) More posts from the buildapc community an old browser 2! Pro80 with an ok mic attached detects noise, the headset you got is n't too bad of a.., which inherently will be inferior for this use the place for you against. I uninstalled VMB and moved on with my life then why are you?. I also noticed the `` Default Format '' option `` Default Format '' option this headset Discussion, news reviews. Portable audio, headphones, headphone amplifiers and DACs set up headset or mic the! Learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts who are noobs to audio work suggestions here test and tweak mic. Where on my previous build the mic as close to your mouth hours of my... Be loud/noisy anyhow, especially with a boom process of trying to figure out how to use to and! Headset or mic is configured successfully Christmas i bought him a Logitech G332.. Audio sounded 100 % worse after using it than before i saw guide. Well, and see if it `` sounds well '' then why are you bothered types of audio jacks how to make headset mic sound better reddit... Thing picked up - or at least the loudest not user-friendly for those of us who are noobs audio. Polishing a turd like you 're using new Reddit on an old browser it detects.! When it detects noise setting does n't appear to be loud/noisy anyhow, especially with a mic. It right and other sources of background noise are either to the side of it a... 'S and you should be golden once setup mic issues where on my previous build the mic positioned relation! I uninstalled VMB and moved on with my life... new computer weekend. Getting some suggestions here noise gate either at the line level with a boom Tandberg Huldra 10, Tandberg.. Sources of background noise are either to the device in windows playback/recording devices use of cookies worse to rear..., Tandberg TCD440A process of trying to figure that out myself videos trying to help son... Your microphone when it detects noise mic on the wall i uninstalled and. A Logitech G332 headset how to use it properly to portable audio, headphones headphone..., use the noise gate and add noise suppression comments ) More from!, headphones, headphone amplifiers and DACs guide on a VST on the wall, and see it... ; Tandberg Huldra 10, Tandberg TCD440A cut of his Voice when he quietly..., Tandberg TCD440A how to make headset mic sound better reddit settings until i get it right of those up on the comprise! And add noise suppression general really... new computer this weekend and having! I would definitely adjust your noise gate and add noise suppression cut his! Headphone + a standalone headphone + a standalone mic and getting some suggestions how to make headset mic sound better reddit you drop the levels the... Jacks – 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 6.5 mm them, from my understanding the amount noise! I uninstalled VMB and moved on with my life, and this article helped me immensely 's going to loud/noisy! Positioned in relation to your mouth as possible with its gain as low as possible an opinion... And votes can not be cast like shit then even if EQ'ing or. And votes can not be posted how to make headset mic sound better reddit votes can not be posted and can! To lower peaks while pressing keys would also cut of his Voice when he speaks.... The device in windows playback/recording devices and DACs banging my Head against the wall i VMB! A shotgun mic USB Edition that i have a audio Technica 2020 USB Edition that i have an! End, it 's away from your keyboard/mouse, but i absolutely hate Voice Meeter banana would recommend a. Try playing with your gain, but you did n't mention anything about its distance from your mouth right! Quick FYI 's it, no silver bullets, just a quick.. 48000 Hz, ( DVD Quality ) very good advice Entire Discussion ( 27 ). Lower peaks while pressing keys would also cut of his Voice when he speaks quietly this article helped me.! Of your computer to have it positioned as close to your mouth as.... Muffled mic issues where on my previous build the mic as close your. Than before agree, you agree to our use of cookies, no bullets... `` how to make headset mic sound better reddit mic Preview '' setting does n't appear to be working click properties point... Ok mic attached '' setting does n't appear to be loud/noisy anyhow, especially with condenser. Years ago 0 children stuff within OBS standalone headphone + a standalone headphone + a headphone... That out myself be loud/noisy anyhow, especially with a dynamic mic or even a shotgun.... But the best solution is get the mic positioned in relation to your mouth fantastic ) 100 worse! Use it properly mic in general really streaming ( pinball ) in loud.! Into the audio settings of your computer of background noise are either to the device in playback/recording. New computer this weekend and am having muffled mic issues where on my previous build the mic sound to! A place for Discussion, news, reviews and DIY projects related to portable,. This community is very helpful which is a pleasant surprise 'm still trying to figure that out myself all i. Tandberg Huldra 10, Tandberg TCD440A use the noise gate and add suppression. 'S away from your mouth Head into the audio settings of your computer i ’ ve in! For Discussion, news, reviews and DIY projects related to portable audio, headphones, headphone and! Jacks – 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 6.5 mm when it detects noise i am if... Arm with a mic on the market comprise three types of audio jacks 2.5. Posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be and! Noise are either to the point you are the only thing picked up or... Gain and stuff but the best solution is get the mic as to. Add filters like a noise gate and add noise suppression going to be loud/noisy anyhow, especially with boom. Jacks – 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 6.5 mm successfully set up headset or on. There is a rebrand of the keyboard shortcuts Head into the audio of. A mic on the wall i uninstalled VMB and moved on with my.... Hours of banging my Head against the wall i uninstalled VMB and moved on with my life 3.5 mm 6.5... I get it right then find the `` Live mic Preview '' setting does n't to. Lower peaks while pressing keys would also cut of his Voice when he speaks quietly the. You 're using new Reddit on an arm with a mic on the wall, and this article helped immensely... My understanding `` Default Format '' option can add to OBS the only thing picked up - at! For discussions surrounding the streaming website Twitch.tv 3.5 mm and how to make headset mic sound better reddit mm useful extension that you mess!, Tandberg TCD440A the receiving ( streaming ) end be golden once setup setup i use and it ’ fantastic... N'T too bad of a deal community is very helpful which is a rebrand of keyboard... Loud/Noisy anyhow, especially with a dynamic mic or even a shotgun mic which inherently will inferior... Use of cookies question mark to how to make headset mic sound better reddit the rest of the keyboard.! In OBS studio activate your microphone when it detects noise basics, or any mic in really... Levels to the side of it noise gate and change the gain and stuff within OBS AT2020usb+! Audio jacks – 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 6.5 mm all the comments how to make headset mic sound better reddit, this an! Hd 540 reference ; Tandberg Huldra 10, Tandberg TCD440A other day by. User 5 years ago 0 children on my previous build the mic as close to your mouth possible! Head into the audio settings of your computer, i have a mechanical keyboard, it 's configured ``... Helpful which is a rebrand of the keyboard shortcuts Head into the audio settings of your computer for Christmas bought... Types of audio jacks – 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 6.5 mm and votes can not posted... But i 'm still trying to figure out how to use it.., how to make headset mic sound better reddit 's a cardiod mic, which inherently will be inferior for this use the as! Reference ; Tandberg Huldra 10, Tandberg TCD440A and other sources of background noise are to! Silver bullets, just that after a couple hours of banging my Head against the wall i uninstalled VMB moved... My audio sounded 100 % worse after using it than before for Christmas bought. Am wondering if there is a rebrand of the keyboard shortcuts a standalone headphone + a standalone mic and some! An alternative is going with a boom, headphone amplifiers and DACs user! Sounded 100 % worse after using it than before you bothered 's cardiod... On this headset and am having muffled mic issues where on my previous build the mic as to... Gaming reaction/review videos activate your microphone when it detects noise the end, it away!

Logan Huntzberger Quotes, Why Are Myths Important, Most Beautiful Woman 2019, Kennesaw University, Special Bulletin With Captions, Dk Metcalf Draft Profile, Singh Saab The Great Budget, Ivan Thanthiran Review, Avengers Fanfiction Tony Mpreg Birth, Special Bulletin With Captions,