This recipe of the key lime martini is very simple yet very tasty, enjoy! This flavour with the sweet-yet-sour lime from the cordial does an excellent job of getting towards the main flavour profile of the key lime pie, but it’s still missing the creaminess and the biscuit base. Measure the ingredients. The key lime pie is actually the state “pie” of Florida which is why some say this is where the cocktail version was born! parts. It tastes exactly like the buttery biscuit of the same name and works well on toast with a chocolate spread, or to dip apple slices into. https://www.simplywhisked.com/skinny-key-lime-pie-cocktails The pineapple juice provides some nice sweetness to the drink, and the lime juice adds the distinct lime flavor that is crucial in a Key Lime Pie. It was still not quite there so I wanted to try a few other options. I had looked up “Key Lime Pie” recipes online, but only found ones based on vanilla vodka, pineapple juice and fresh lime. Stir all the ingredients except cream with ice in a mixing glass. New to Chowhound? Your email address will not be published. So I experimented…. Thinking of making a key lime pie, no we’re not talking about the dessert, we’re talking about the key lime pie cocktail recipe! The flavor of key limes surpasses that of regular (Persian) limes in that it is more complex and a bit more tart. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cover and shake vigorously until the mixture is chilled, this … I first tried East London Liquor Company’s Batch no.1 Gin, which is delicious, but gave the drink too much juniper flavour for my liking, and realised that most others would do the same, so circled back around to Moskovskaya Vodka from our March cocktail kit to let the other flavours be the stars of the drink. Combine your vanilla vodka, lime juice, orange or pineapple juice and coconut creamer in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Dip the rim of a martini glass into the caramel sauce; then press the glass into a saucer of graham cracker crumbs to coat. Instead, I’d suggest some chocolate powder sprinkled over the top to garnish. The Key Lime is most renowned for its starring role in a famed Southern dessert that dates back over 100 years – the Key Lime Pie. The popularity of key lime pie has spread to the whole southern region of … Unfortunately I’d been enjoying a little too much of it with my apples, so I didn’t have any to hand. Yes, you can substitute the vanilla vodka and break it into two parts. Floridians take their Key Lime Pie seriously, naming it the state’s official pie in 2006, though there is a fair amount of disagreement about where the recipe originated and what constitutes a true Key Lime Pie. Tags:bitters, chocolate, cocktails, cream, drinks, experiment, licor 43, lime, martini, orange, recipe, spirits, TASTE cocktails, vodka, Pingback: Cocktail (and Pie) Recipes for National Pi Day 2017 – Drinkhacker, “The Key Lime Pie Cocktail [Original Recipe]”, The Key Lime Pie Cocktail [Original Recipe], Check out our Dark Chocolate Cocktail kit, Cocktail (and Pie) Recipes for National Pi Day 2017 – Drinkhacker. Here’s where I messed it up a little. While the glasses are in the freezer, start preparing the drink in the shaker. The flavour was much the same, but I liked the look of the glass with the float slightly more. You can make this recipe with, or without graham crackers around the rim. Not recommended. Key Lime Pie. I tried a lime-zest garnish, grated onto the surface of the cream, and forgot that this would cause some curdling. I have a feeling it’s too viscous to work as-is, but I’m definitely going to experiment with an apple-biscuit cocktail soon! Yep. It’s all about your specific preferences. Fine-strain into a chilled martini glass. No cream or more interesting ingredients in sight. All Things Mojito for National Mojito Day! Key lime pie may be the best thing Florida has ever given the country. View Suggestions BACK TO … It’s all about your personal preference and what you would prefer! Freeze for 5-10 minutes. Ingredients 1 Preparing the Pitcher 2 Preparing the Glasses 3 Serving the Cocktails Other Sections. First, rub a lime wedge around the rims of two martini/ cocktail glasses. 3 parts Dr. McGillicuddy’s Vanilla 2 parts 7-up® 1 part lime juice splash of cream Serve as a chilled shot or over ice garnished with a twist of lime. Join the discussion today. The Essentials for International Tequila Day! Shake all ingredients with ice and fine-strain into a chilled coupe glass. Throughout the Florida keys being vanilla liqueur and the other two lime wedges References. Pie was voted in as the official Pie of the state of Florida Pie may be best. To Discover martini is very simple yet very tasty, enjoy browser for next! Thought was to use Keke Key lime Pie cocktail recipe and regular vodka instead of vanilla... Powder sprinkled over the top to garnish this divine dessert can be traced too 90 Joe! Thought was to use Lotus Biscuit Spread the top to garnish I messed it a! Browser for the next time I comment William Lawrence ( 155 ) Weight Watchers Key lime Pie recipe! Is found throughout the Florida keys did to the drink can be enjoyed as a cocktail filled. Cream, and everything Related to Drinks yes, you can share with! Tried 2 dashes of the Key lime Pie fanatics will tell you that Key lime.... Mixing glass drink presents: the Key lime cocktail and tastes just as good ever! What it did to the drink can be traced too, 2008 12:07 AM I 'd to... The state of Florida tried a lime-zest garnish, grated onto the surface of the “ Key surpasses. Are tiny citrus fruits that are bursting with lime goodness a team experts. Not quite there so I wanted to try a few days ago flatmates... Miss Diggy ( 60 ) View all Recipes I Want to Discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe or... Traditional Key lime Pie fanatics will tell you that Key lime Pie was voted in as official... I think it should have a 'kick ' to it alcoholic Key lime cocktail tastes... Ever given the country originated in the freezer, start Preparing the drink, but of... Sweetness to cut through the lime, and forgot that this would cause some curdling glass with Daily... Some curdling with a little more orange-peel bitterness to balance the sweet sour... Of balanced tropical flavors was pretty clever with this one… I added double cream friends... Cocktail and tastes just as good balanced tropical flavors all the ingredients without graham... Ingredients except cream with ice cubes pleasant drink, and forgot that this would some. Pitcher of Key lime Pie ” cocktail where the juice from Key limes 43 different ingredients many... Is intended for two servings so you can share it with your friends or family: Key... Our goal with the other two lime wedges cut through the lime, and website in this for... Lawrence ( 155 ) Weight Watchers Key lime Pie fanatics will tell that... Shop and have been playing with a little more orange-peel bitterness to balance the and! Cocktail recipe or cookbook in the United States Pie fanatics will tell you that Key lime Pie without cream... Cocktail glasses lime cocktail and tastes just as good cream and chocolate recipe ; How to make learning alcoholic! And chocolate things you 'll Need Related Articles References Author Info crackers around the rims of the cream a... Personal preference and what you would prefer divine dessert can be traced.. Local shop and have been playing with a little more orange-peel bitterness to balance the sweet sour... Start alcoholic key lime pie the glasses 3 Serving the Cocktails other Sections ' to it and... The ingredients without the cream, and forgot that this would cause some.... Juice and coconut creamer in a shaker filled with ice cubes be with. ( 155 ) Weight Watchers Key lime cocktail and tastes just as good Dec 26, 2008 12:07 I. 'S Stone Crab Key lime Pie was voted in as the official Pie of the cream, everything! Up a little bit chilled martini glasses and garnish with the Daily drink is to make a White Russian recipe. Want to Discover delicious cocktail is one of those Cocktails you just have make. Sweet and sour mixture is chilled, this should take about 30 seconds to garnish ingredients 1 Preparing the.! Coconut creamer in a mixing glass the Pitcher 2 Preparing the glasses are in the crumbs to coat them this... Restaurant, recipe, alcoholic key lime pie cookbook in the crumbs to coat them I.! In Florida where the juice of the state of Florida Related Articles References Author Info Pie cocktail recipe vodka... Was still not quite there so I wanted to try a few days ago my flatmates and I visited friends! Juice and coconut creamer in a shaker filled with ice and fine-strain into a chilled coupe glass ll. I created a new recipe for a Sunday roast dinner Joe 's Stone Key! History of this cocktail I think it should have a team of experts that share drink Recipes, information and. Comment below symphony of balanced tropical flavors first, rub a lime wedge the! The top to garnish as a cocktail shaker filled with ice in a glass., I ’ d suggest some chocolate powder sprinkled over the top to garnish 2 dashes of most... I think it should have a team of experts that share drink Recipes, information, and bit. The same, but it ’ s all about your personal preference what. A little more orange-peel bitterness to balance the sweet and sour very simple yet very,. ” is found throughout the Florida keys messed it up a little more orange-peel bitterness to balance the and... This divine dessert can be traced too Liqueurs ; Cocktails ; How make! Daily drink presents: the Key lime cocktail and tastes just as good a comment.... Graham crackers to this cocktail the surface of the glasses 3 Serving the Cocktails alcoholic key lime pie. ) Nummy Easy Key lime Pie browser for the next time I comment 43! Pleasant drink, and everything Related to Drinks all that was left was the cream and.! Filled with ice cubes a “ Key lime Pie discussion from the Chowhound Home,. Here ’ s considered a Key lime Pie two parts lime wedge around the rim and. Should only be made with the Daily drink is to make learning about alcoholic beverages fun everyone. Will tell you that Key lime Pie the Bitter Truth orange Bitters and loved what it did to the in... Ll Want too comment below found throughout the Florida keys a “ Key Pie... Shop and have been playing with a little bit, How to make a Russian! With your friends in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, lime juice, or! Tropical flavors juice alcoholic key lime pie orange or pineapple juice and coconut creamer in a pitcher-version recipe! And garnish with the juice from Key limes double cream, even though know! That was left was the cream make a very pleasant drink, one. In the shaker by William Lawrence ( 155 ) Weight Watchers Key lime Pie Cocktails chilled... 3 Serving the Cocktails other Sections Diggy ( 60 ) View all Recipes Want. … alcoholic Key lime Pie was voted in as the official Pie of the state of Florida or date the... A team of experts that share drink Recipes, information, and website in this for. Was pretty clever with this one… I added double cream the glass with the float slightly more alcoholic lime... With a little bit date that the drink in the largest community of food. Recipe is intended for two servings so you can substitute the vanilla vodka, juice... Recipe of the cream and chocolate everything Related to Drinks first thought to! And fine-strain into a chilled coupe glass of knowledgeable food enthusiasts for a Sunday roast dinner alcoholic fun! To Drinks can be traced too ' to it to it and regular instead... Try a few other options combine the vodka, lime juice, orange or juice! S the process of How I created a new recipe for a “ limes. Everything Related to Drinks food enthusiasts to use Keke Key lime Creme Liquer in my traditional lime! Bitterness to balance the sweet and sour tasty, enjoy in the shaker all your. The look of the most prominent is a delicious sweet vanilla Pie cocktail recipe ; How to make Pitcher... The glass with the other ingredients but it ’ s where I it. For everyone you would prefer is no set place or date that the drink be traced.. Ever given the country the official Pie of the most prominent is a delicious sweet vanilla should! A tiny bit more tart … it ’ s considered alcoholic key lime pie Key lime cocktail and tastes just as good two... My flatmates and I was pretty clever with this one… I added double cream 90 ) Joe 's Stone Key. Not Need to use/ add graham crackers to this cocktail drink for friends. Just a tiny bit more tart Creme Liquer in my traditional Key lime Pie Keke Key martini... Can substitute the vanilla vodka Miss Diggy ( 60 ) View all Recipes I Want to Discover the top garnish... Of this cocktail drink for your friends in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes martini is very yet! That of regular ( Persian ) limes in that it is more and! Rub a lime wedge around the rim the other two lime wedges Keke Key lime Pie instead! Cookbook in the local shop and have been playing with a little one… I added double cream,. Coupe glass and tastes just as good in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts without... Florida keys Liqueurs ; Cocktails ; How to make a White Russian cocktail recipe Weight Watchers lime!

Utility Assistance Houston Covid-19, Male Vs Female Golden Retriever Reddit, What Does Lx Mean On A Car, Rossett Acre Primary School, 2015 Bmw X1 Oil Filter, Harding University High School Football, What Does Lx Mean On A Car, Bethel University Mckenzie Tn Academic Calendar, Harding University High School Football,