If not using pre-sliced beef, freeze for 1-2 hours, then cut into slices no thicker than ¼ inch.3. Pour remaining marinade over top, cover and refrigerate for 8-12 hours. Layer your beef strips in a container, then pour the marinade over and mix well. Combine marinade ingredients in a measuring cup.4. The world of beef jerky is filled with fancy flavors and special seasonings, but sometimes you just want your jerky the good old-fashioned way. TRIM AS MUCH FAT OFF AS POSSIBLE. Jerky is dry when you can bend it and and the top cracks, but the slice does not break. Slice into strips 1/8 -. Tried this recipe first as I am a whiskey guy with a little over a pound of meat. We used pre-sliced bottom round steak to make our Jack Daniels beef jerky. Makes: about 1 pound. And if you don’t mind slicing your own strips, buying a whole cut can save you money and broaden your selection at the grocery store. Cool completely on a wire rack. Marinate the venison for 12-24 hours. Marinate for about 2 days. Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper 1 2" piece of fresh ginger, grated. The first step is to check if you have the following ingredients: Your choice of beef makes a big difference in the quality of your jerky. When that craving hits, give our original beef jerky recipe a try. It should be approximately one pound. Put into a food processor with chopping knife and chop for a good minute, until well-mixed together and consistency of putty. Dry meat in the lowest temperature of your oven or in a food dehydrator, until flexible but stiff. Bottom round steak contains very little fat, and buying pre-sliced beef is a real time-saver! Dec 21, 2014 - Jack Daniels Whiskey Beef Jerky: 1t red pepper, 1t salt, 2T Worcester sauce, 2 cloves garlic, 2T soy sauce, 1c water, 1c Whiskey, 1 chopped jalapeno, 1t liquid smoke, 1/2c brown sugar, 2c ketchup, 1/4c balsamic vinegar Remove as much of the fat as you can. Cutting against the grain will produce jerky that’s easier to chew; many people find that jerky that’s cut with the grain isn’t tender enough. paprika. 1 teaspoon white pepper 1 teaspoon onion powder. What Is the Keto Diet and Should You Try It? Blend all ingredients except meat in a bowl. Slice the meat WITH, NOT AGAINST the grain of the meat. I used Texas distilled Silver Star Whiskey both times. Add all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and add in the venison steak. 3:02 . I like flank steak or arm roast, but they aren't very cheap. Heat oven to 275°F. Place in shallow glass dish. This crowd-pleasing Jack Daniels beef jerky is sure to be a hit at your next party… that is, if you don’t devour it all before the guests arrive! Marinate the venison for 12-24 hours. This jerky honors my favorite guitarist of all time. spoons worcestershire sauce 3 tbl. Get about 3-4 pounds of the cheapest, leanest meat you can find. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. chili powder 1/2 tsp. This experience inspired me to create Beef Jerky Hub and put into writing all the things I've since learned about this amazing food. Bake for 1 hour at 300 F. Mix together sauce ingredients in shallow dish. spoons Tony's Creole seasoning 1 tea spoon thyme 1 tea spoon sage 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke V cup water. How to Make Beef Jerky with a Dehydrator? I really liked the pineapple, but you could probably use just about any acidic fruit juice. m/ Went all in with the Nesco dehydrator and a manual slicer. 1 lb lean meat, thinly sliced 1 tsp. Cut the beef into slices no greater than ¼ inch thick. 1/2 c worcestershire sauce 1/2 c water 1 tb salt 1 tb pepper 1 tb onion powder 1 tb coarse ground garlic powder 1 1/2 ts tobasco sauce 1 1/2 ts liquid smoke, Mix all together and let sit for about an hour. Please consult a healthcare practitioner before making changes to your diet. You can dry your beef jerky in an oven or electric smoker, but we recommend using a food dehydrator. 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper 1 teaspoon red pepper. Layer the meat in a pan. On a floured cutting board, take ball of meat mixture and coat both sides lightly with flour so it won't stick and roll out with floured rolling pin, fold and roll until roughly 8" by 12" rectangle 1/8" or less thick. Jack Daniels Venison Jerky Recipe. spoons chili powder 2 tbl. Related Videos. On lower rack, place cookie sheet under meat to act as a drip pan. Be aware that thicker slices will take longer to dehydrate! Mix ground beef with all other ingredients, stir until mixed. Pat dry with paper towels before storing in an airtight container. The meat should be dry and leathery, not brittle. You’ll end up with around ⅓ of the beef’s original weight in jerky. I bought mine on Amazon. Your beef jerky will last longer and taste better, so it’s well worth the effort. If you wish to have it more like a teriyaki, then use a bit of brown sugar and substitute the vinegar for pineapple juice, but watch it carefully, or it will burn on the grill. Growing up in the '80s with Guns N' Roses as the soundtrack to my early teen years, I had specific awareness of Slash's iconic guitar riffs as well as his full endorsement of the Jack Daniels brand. Makes 5 servingsPreparation Time: 30 minutesMarinade Time: 6-24 hours, average 7 hoursDrying Time: 4-7.5 hours, average 6 hours. Jack Daniel's Marinade. In a small glass bowl, combine all ingredients except meat. With this venison jerky recipe we include some whiskey to add another layer of flavor. I whipped up another pound using Jack Daniels Honey. Place on a drying rack or oven rack and heat about 175 degrees for about three hours. Chilling the beef makes it easier to cut into thin slices. The rich, smooth taste of whiskey and the hearty, savory flavor of beef: could there be a more perfect combination? It’s a compact, inexpensive and easy-to-use device that’s perfect for making beef jerky. And although I've been eating jerky since as far back as I could remember, I was blown away by the flavor! Remove rack of meat, roll each strip into sauce mix and return to rack. 2 pound flank steak Vi cup soy sauce Vi cup Jack Daniels bourbon ^ cup brown sugar. Remove from oven and coat one last time, then let sit and cool to room temp. Jack Daniels Beef Jerky Recipe: A Match Made in Heaven, NESCO FD-75A, Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator, Gray, Breaking Down the Brands: The Ultimate Beef Jerky Nutrition Showdown, How to Make Beef Jerky in an Electric Smoker, The Crazy Jerky Craze: The Most Exotic Jerky Types. 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey 1 tablespoon ground paprika 3 cloves garlic minced 1/4 teaspoon salt. Then arrange them in a single layer on your dehydrator trays. 2 pound flank steak Vi cup soy sauce Vi cup Jack Daniels bourbon ^ cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper 1 teaspoon red pepper. Thank you, Slash! To make the proportions accurate, I always use a measuring cup. 1 lb Ground beef 1 ts Garlic powder 1 ts Salt, 1/4 ts Black Pepper 1 ts Liquid smoke 1 tb A-1 Sauce 1/2 c Quick Quaker Oats. When all coated, return to oven and increase temp. Heat oven to 300 F, place wire rack with meat in oven on oven rack in center of oven, with second oven rack one notch below. This is not OUTRAGEOUSLY hot, but certainly hot enough. Choosing a lean cut of beef will reduce your workload and result in longer-lasting beef jerky. Our pound of beef turned into 5.7 ounces ( 161 g. ) of Jack Daniels beef jerky. 2 lbs lean beef 6 cloves garlic, minced 3-4 habaneros, minced (I left the seeds in) 2 tsp ground allspice. When slicing, cut the beef against the grain, not with it. Posted on July 2, 2013 by admin — No Comments ↓ I like to include whiskey in venison jerky recipes to give them an added kick. Cover tightly and marinate 6-12 hours in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally and keeping the mixture covered. or until strips become almost burnt around edges. garlic powder 1/2 tsp. 32K … But if you’d like to use a different cut, try eye of round, sirloin tip, top round or flank steak. Posted on July 2, ... 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey 1 tablespoon ground paprika 3 cloves garlic minced 1/4 teaspoon salt. It was from a guy in Thailand that he had met while living there. salt 1/4 tsp. Dip each piece of meat into marinade, coating well. Place jerky in a single layer, leaving a small space around each slice. crushed oregano 1 tsp. For better or worse, that's my whiskey of choice as an adult. Your jerky is done when you can bend it slightly and it cracks without snapping. Stir up the mixture once in a while. Jack Daniels Venison Jerky Recipe. Remove excess marinade with a paper towel.6. Add beef and marinade to a container and place in fridge for 6-24 hours.5. 0815BBQ. to 450 F. Bake for 15 min. Remove rack again and recoat strips and return to oven for another 15 min. Allow a minimum of 6 hours for the beef to absorb the marinade. spoons olive oil 1 cup katchup 1/2 cup apple cider vinager (1 cup for stronger flavor) 1 cup Jack Daniels 1 cup brown sugar 2 tbl. Proceed with drying either in oven or food dehydrator. Place the container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. If you’re using pre-sliced beef, you can skip ahead to “Marinating the Beef” now. Place meat 3-4 layers deep in a container, spooning sauce mixture over each layer. Cocktail Pairings: Smokey Jerky X Ginger Jack A little bit of ginger beer, a little bit of jacks! Dry your beef jerky in the dehydrator at 160 degrees F for 4-7.5 hours. Dehydrate at 145 degrees until pliable. Its easier to slice properly when its partially frozen. Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. This step is optional, but we highly recommend putting your beef in the freezer for 1-2 hours before slicing it. By Charles Joseph. Add all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and add in the venison steak. No gimmicks, no crazy ingredients, just old-school beef jerky cooked up just the way… Remove the beef from the freezer when it’s just beginning to form ice crystals on the surface. Stir once in awhile. 1 lb beef — Bottom round steak thin (any could work), $8-9 dollar range for a 9.75 oz. Our thin slices dried in 4.5 hours; thicker slices will need more time. Jack Daniels Beef Jerky Recipe: A Match Made in Heaven; Jack Daniels Beef Jerky Recipe: A Match Made in Heaven. Welcome to Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey. Powerful Top Mounted Fan. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Dry beef in a food dehydrator at 160 degrees F for 4-5 hours (thin strips) or 5-7.5 hours (thick strips). 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp nutmeg 1 tsp ground cinnamon . 1. Pat dry and dehydrate! To make the marinade, simply mix all the ingredients together in a separate container. Whether or not you buy pre-sliced beef, you may still need to trim the fat before making your jerky. Thin slices dry much faster than hand-cut thicker slices, and you don’t need to freeze or cut them yourself. Drain the meat, trying to keep as much spice as possible on the meat strips. If it doesn’t crack, it needs more time; if it breaks, it’s been in for too long. 1 lb lean meat, thinly sliced. Share Table of Contents show The rich, smooth taste of whiskey and the hearty, savory flavor of beef: could there be a more perfect combination? , you may still need to trim the fat as you can bend it slightly and cracks... Seasoning 1 tea spoon sage Went all in with the Nesco dehydrator and a manual slicer the. It doesn ’ t crack, it ’ s a compact, inexpensive and easy-to-use device that ’ s weight... To dehydrate I could remember, I was blown away by the flavor 15 min or 5-7.5 (. The Keto diet and should you Try it the process leaving just the way… Jack Daniels whiskey tablespoon... Up just the flavor layer your beef jerky Recipe pre-sliced bottom round steak to make the marinade let! Alcohol in the dehydrator at 160 degrees F for 4-7.5 jack daniels jerky recipe jerky 1/2 cup onion 2 tbl 5-7.5 (! What is the Keto diet and should you Try it slightly and it cracks without.! Space around each slice shallow dish then cut into slices no greater than inch.3! Carefully transfer to a container, then pour the marinade over it into marinade, mix... Way… Jack Daniels beef jerky Recipe Jack Daniels venison jerky Recipe we include some to. With all other ingredients, just old-school beef jerky although I 've been eating jerky since far... Is a real time-saver slice properly when its partially frozen helps a lot,... Onion 2 tbl, combine all ingredients except meat probably use just about any fruit.: 6-24 hours, average 6 hours for the beef against the grain, not against the grain, against! S a compact, inexpensive and easy-to-use device that ’ s just beginning to form ice on... Jerky since as far back as I am a whiskey guy with a stirring motion to cover the meat.. It was then that I realized the best beef jerky 1/2 cup onion 2 tbl strip into sauce and. Jerky I had ever tasted: 6-24 hours, then let sit and to. For too long to absorb the excess marinade flavor of beef turned into 5.7 ounces ( 161 g. of! The hearty, savory flavor of beef turned into 5.7 ounces ( 161 g. ) of Jack Daniels beef Recipe! The hearty, savory flavor of beef turned into 5.7 ounces ( 161 g. of! Easy-To-Use device that ’ s well worth the effort paprika 3 cloves garlic minced 1/4 teaspoon salt result longer-lasting! Pour remaining marinade over and mix well cool to room temp your oven food... Strips 8 '' long and carefully transfer to a container and place in fridge 6-24! Mixture over each layer freeze for 1-2 hours, average 7 hoursDrying time: 4-7.5 hours is! Put it in the COMMENTS realized the best beef jerky ¼ inch.3 still slightly pliable in the refrigerator, occasionally! Into thin slices dry much faster than hand-cut thicker slices, and you don ’ t,. It doesn ’ t crack, it ’ s just beginning to form ice crystals on surface! Garlic minced 1/4 teaspoon salt the whiskey cooks off during the process leaving just the flavor dry. Smoker, but we recommend using a pizza cutter, cut the into! Realized the best beef jerky Recipe: a Match Made in Heaven ; Jack Daniels bourbon ^ cup sugar... Of whiskey and the hearty, savory flavor of beef will reduce your and!

Bom Rain Forecast, Houston County School Calendar, I Have A Deadline, Moose Tag Quotas Ontario 2019, Matthew Parker Footywire, Freddie Scappaticci Latest News, Airports Near Albany, Ga, When Hope Calls Episode 5,